The Association of East African Cartoonists (KATUNI )invites all cartoonists to participate in the
HADAF Somalia International Cartoon Competition.
Theme: The search for peace in Somalia: Achievements and Challenges
1st Prize: $3000
2nd Prize: $1500
3rd Prize: $750
- The maximum number of entries you may submit is 5.
- Deadline for receiving cartoons is
- All entries should be without any kind of frame and must not be folded
- Each entry must be accompanied by a short biography and/or CV as well as the name and contact details of the cartoonist.
- Submitted works may be put on exhibition and used in future publications.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into it.
- Submitted works will not be returned.
- By participating, you grant the organizers the rights to publish and use the submitted artworks in any form including:
a) Reproduction and dissemination in printed form for all editions (e.g. study edition, school edition, special edition) and in unlimited print-runs (printing right). The printing right embraces in particular hard-cover editions, paperback editions, reprints, magazines, newspapers, collected works, via all distribution channels such as retail bookshops, other retailers selling books, book clubs, open and closed user groups and in all formats.
b) Electronic/digital storage and making accessible (including in databases) by means of digital or other storage or data transmission technology, with or without intermediate storage, in such a way that users have access from a place and at a time selected individually by them and can download, play back, interactively use and/or pass to third parties this work via PC, eBook, mobile telephone or other wired or wireless appliances, for example via the internet, UMTS, cable, satellite or other transmission paths (online right).
How to Enter:
Digital copies of the cartoons may be sent to email@example.com and should be in JPEG format with a resolution of at least 300 dpi.
Original artworks or clear prints (no photocopies) should be placed in an envelope marked “Hadaf Cartoon Competition” and either sent to:
Hadaf Somali Cartoon Competition,
P.O. Box 2074
Village Market 00621,
or dropped off at one of the following venues:
Alliance Francaise de Nairobi, Loita/Monrovia streets, Nairobi
4D Innovative Ltd, 3rd Floor, Revlon Plaza, Kimathi St., Nairobi.GoDown Arts Centre, Dunga Rd., Industrial Area, Nairobi.